Take a backup of your Database, sites and your all web application’s Virtual directory .
1. Go to Registry Editor:
· Go to Registry Editor
· Select HKEY LOCAL MACHINE
· Select Software
· Select Microsoft
· Select Shared Tools
· Select Web Server Extension
· Select 14.0
· Select WSS
2. Go to Central Administration Run Configuration Wizard
· Choose disconnect from the Server Farm
· Configuration Success
3. Install Two HotFix
Note: Before you install this hotfix If you decide to install this hotfix, please note the following items: Do not deploy a hotfix in a production environment without first testing the hotfix. Back up the system or the computer that will receive the hotfix before you install the hotfix.
· Once the download is complete run the self-extracting file & then run the extracted file so as to install the Sharepoint 2010 Patch.
· Restart the server once the installation is complete.
· Furthermore, run the Configuration Wizard as earlier & follow the on-screen instructions.
· Select the option to create a “New Farm”.
· Then, provide the New Full SQL Server Instance details : “Computername\SqlServerInstance”
· Database : SharePoint_Config
· Account : “DomainName\Username”
· Afterwards select the option to provision Central Administration Site stating that this machine will host the said site.
· Once the wizard completes all the steps successfully it will open the Central Administration Site.
· Cancel the configuration wizard in the browser which appears.
· Furthermore, Create a New Web Application on Port 80 with a temporary database.
· Then detach the database by opening Manage content databases under Application Management for SharePoint – 80 Web Application.
· Restore the backedup database “WSS_Content” to the New Full SQL Server Instance
· After which, open SharePoint 2010 Management Shell as an Administrator.
· stsadm -o addcontentdb -url “Url”-databasename WSS_Content